susanchristiansentop2  email(707) 427-6784


California Parent Child Relocation Attorneys

Parental Relocations Outside of the State of California

In order to relocate outside of the state of California, a custodial parent must notify the court and the non-custodial parent of their intention to move. The court will review a number of issues before approving any modification in custody or visitation arrangements. Since the court places primary importance on the best interests of a child, the court will determine whether or not a relocation is in the best interests of a child. The non-custodial parent will have an opportunity to oppose (or approve) the move, providing his or her reasons. If the parental relocation is approved, a new parenting plan must be provided as well, taking into consideration extended holiday and summer vacation time.

To Schedule an initial consultation with an experienced parent child relocations lawyer, please fill out our online form or call (707) 427-6784 today.

At the Law Offices of Susan E. Christiansen, our family law & divorce attorneys work with custodial and non-custodial parents in cases involving parental relocations and move-aways. Regardless of whether you are a custodial or non-custodial parent, we have the tools and resources needed to help you. To schedule an appointment, contact Fairfield, California, parent child relocation attorneys at The Law Offices of Susan E. Christiansen today.

Considering the Best Interests of a Child in Parent-Child Relocations

In a proposed parent-child relocation, the court will determine if the relocation is in the best interests of a child. The court will consider educational opportunities in both locations, proximity to extended family members, opportunities to continue extra-curricular activities, music lessons, etc. Additionally, if a child has health issues, the court will want assurance that adequate health care is available in the new location as well. The court will also determine whether the move is motivated by the custodial parent's desire to exclude the non-custodial parent from the lives of his or her children.

Contact Fairfield, California, Parent-Child Relocation Attorneys

Regardless of whether you have a job opportunity you need to pursue or have family reasons and need to relocate out of state, contact us online or call (707) 427-6784 today to schedule an appointment with a California parent-child relocation lawyer to discuss your case.

Law Office of Susan E. Christiansen, Attorneys & Lawyers, Fairfield, CA


For more information, please fill in this confidential form or call +1 (707) 427-6784.
Please fill in all required fields.
The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.